Made in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 51.
This jam did not go smoothly, but it is done! I ran out of time, so here's a brief tutorial in text form:
- Play cards on woods tiles to keep the critter from dying in the darkness
- The critter picks a random direction among any “safe” adjacent tiles. If there aren’t any safe ones, it picks a random woods tile, or an already visited one as a last resort if there are no better options
- Your hand resets every 10 seconds
- Visited tiles are full of ghosts and will kill the critter, but a whirlwind card will clear it
- Move the camera around with WASD
- Reset camera with spacebar
- Keep the critter alive as long as you can!
- Engine: Godot
- Art: Aseprite
- Sound: jsfxr
- Music: Beepbox
- Color palette: Rosy 42 by PineTreePizza
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.